Service and Dealership Business
- Approving org chart of each department - Laying off employees with poor performance - Hiring new qualified members
• Job descriptions
- CEO - Finance Manager - Operation Manager - PA - Financial Analyst - Freight forwarding Specialist - Marketing Analyst - Sales Director - Sales Representative - Chief Accountant - Senior Accountant - Office Boy - Stock Controller - Safe-Box Keeper - PR Officer - Technical Support Officer
• Code of conduct
- General guidelines - Conflict of interest - Bribing and theft - Harassments - Smoking and eating etiquette - Using company assets and properties - Behaviors and attitudes
• Dress code
- Setting standards for employee mode of getting dressed - Colors, styles and status - General hygienic aspects
• Performance Management System
- Forms to evaluate performance of employees doing managerial/supervisory activities. - Forms to evaluate performance of non-managers - Analyzing results, identifying gaps - Recommending solutions to bridge gaps
• Employee satisfaction survey ( climate survey )
- Work environment - Employee-Management relationships - Employee-Employee relationships - Employee pay and benefits - Progress and development - Company Social responsibility - Employee's responsibilities and duties
• Company governance
- Implementing and follow up implementation of policies and procedures - Restructuring organization design to include top management and middle managers - Composing a Board of Directors to lead the company - Empowering young managers
"" Family businesses are an important part of the global economy; they make more than 60% of all companies in Europe and the Americas with about 50% of the employment""
Running a family business
- A family employee policy should be established.
- Clear roles and responsibilities should be defined.
- Next generation should be prepared.
- Education of family employee should be relevant to responsibilities taken over.
- Sense of being biased should be avoided.
- Focus should be given to business issues rather than family concerns.